Thursday, April 2, 2009

Weekend Projects

I figured I better post pictures from this past weekend before Mel sends someone down from Washington to track me down! I admit that I've been a bad blogger lately and have only been posting Taylor Tuesday and monthly posts. I promise I've been taking pictures, just haven't posted them.

Here are a few from last week's hail storm that we had here in Austin. It only lasted like 15 minutes, but did quite a bit of damage in that short time. The storm didn't really bother Taylor, but she was mad that I kept running around the downstairs to take pictures instead of having snack time with her.

This is our driveway and the cul de sac.


Don't look at my toes(I was in the process of changing colors),
but I used this as a way to show how big the hail was.


This picture shows our backyard and a preview of our new addition to the deck.
Stay tuned for pictures after we get it stained!

And the best part of a daytime rainstorm is God's beautiful rainbow that follows!
(Noah's Ark is my favorite bible story)

Okay Mel, here's the part you've been waiting for...
I'm a Stampin' Up demonstrator and this past Saturday I had a workshop at my home.
Here are the projects the attendees had a chance to make:


Stamps: Pocket Silhouettes, Sincere Salutations, Polka Dot Punches
Paper: DSP Walk in the Park, Baja Breeze, Whisper White
Ink: Baja Breeze
Tools: Corner Rounder, Oval Punch, Scallop Edge Punch, 5-Petal Flower Punch










Stamps: Pocket Silhouettes
Paper: DSP Walk in the Park, Basic Gray, Cameo Coral
Ink: Versamark
Tools: White Embossing Powder











Stamps: Polka Dot Punches
Paper: DSP Walk in the Park, Whisper White, Cameo Coral
Ink: Cameo Coral, Basic Gray
Tools
: 5-Petal Flower Punch, Scallop Circle Punch, magnets(to make this a bookmark)


Stamps: Wow Flowers
Paper: DSP Walk in the Park, Baja Breeze, Whisper White, Basic Gray
Ink: Baja Breeze
Tools: Scallop Flower Punch, 1 1/4 circle punch, 1 3/9 circle punch, sticky strip









So Saturday night Chris and I decided that we didn't have enough projects around the house and ventured into Home Depot. We came out successful, but didn't attempt any until Sunday. Taylor found the dolly so fascinating, but not nearly as exciting as 'helping' Daddy install a new sink in the powder room. BTW, if you live near me and want our old pedestal sink let me know. There's nothing wrong with it, I just wanted storage area in this bathroom.


After helping Daddy for a little bit I was able to distract Taylor with Cheerios. Oh.. completely forgot to let you know that Taylor is starting to walk. She took a few steps for Chris a couple weeks ago. Then on Saturday I got to see her in action myself. She now cruises around the house barely holding on the furniture and normally carrying her snack cup, bunny, keys, or her spatula. I've tried to catch her on video walking, but have been unsuccessful. Looks like Taylor and I have a mission to catch her on video this weekend. I'll leave you with a picture of our girl with her snack cup and some yummy Cheerios!



Love and miss you Mel!

1 comment:

Bellawhoop said...

I love and miss you too! :( It's been too long since we've seen each other!

What cute projects! Feeling punchy? :-) I love that you used so many punches; they're all so quick and cute! That beautiful blue Walk in the Park dp is luscious. I often don't think to decorate the insides of my cards, but I think it adds so much. Maybe I'll start doing that - at least a little something. Love that cute magnetic bookmark, too! They're all wonderful!

Love the rainbow and pics. My dad had a tornado at his house last week during this storm and is having an adjuster out today to assess the damage.

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs