Sunday, April 26, 2009

Almost done

If you live in Austin, then you know that the weather was off and on rainy this past weekend, but that didn't put a stop to the building of the BAP. If you are unfamiliar with BAP then you can go check out my first post about it for more info. Promptly at 10, Chris headed out to start on the BAP rain or shine. Luckily the rain decided to hold out and gave way for a nice day to do some construction. My job was to corral the kiddo and take pictures, so since it was naptime I headed up to scrapbook until there was something more than dirt(or weeds with a little grass) to take pictures of. After a bit the first reinforcement showed up to lend a hand and play with power tools. Then one by one the help showed up and things started moving along pretty fast. Be prepared for LOTS of pictures!

Trying to figure out if a couple engineers and a financial analyst can do this

Multitasking: mixing concrete, putting a top layer on, and drinking beer

Carter wanted to help build, but the water hose looked like more fun


Can we come up and play in the fort too?

Uncle Jefe securing the bottom platform


Taylor was not happy that a)Mommy stopped the wagon rides to take pictures
and b) that she had to share her wagon with Nick.

So she decided to pull the wagon herself. I must have done 100 laps around the yard Saturday. (self note:buy a pedometer!)

I wonder who can put a roof on faster?

Day Two of construction, not much left but no helpers

One happy Mommy and little girl!


As I started working on this post I realized that I do not have any pictures of the entire playscape finished. Well we do have a couple pictures of me playing with Taylor on the playscape, but most include me from the backside and are not photos that I want out on the web, so you'll have to wait until tomorrow for pics of the actual playscape. Taylor and I are very lucky to have such an awesome man in our lives that would spend all weekend putting together a playscape so that we can swing everyday! Plus we are very lucky to have all the friends that came over to help(and ones that were going to travel to help but couldn't due to weather)!!!

ps. I got to try the swing out before Tay got up from nap and had forgotten how much fun it is to swing. If you haven't been in a while, go enjoy one of these beautiful spring days at the park! You're never too old or young to swing!

1 comment:

annalee said...

love the playground name, hilarious. love the finished product, wow!

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs