Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Easter Basket

So what's a mom to do when her one year old gets invited to an Easter egg hunt and

a) no basket yet,

b) stores are picked over of baskets,

c) most baskets are bigger than Taylor

Well I went searching through my overstocked craft closet for a basket that might work for just this one occasion. I found a stack of Christmas baskets in the back that I keep holding on to ‘just in case’ I need them even though I rarely decorate with baskets anymore and gold is not my thing. Over at Thrify Décor Chick and Just a Girl these ladies are constantly updating unwanted items with a little bit a spray paint. I have some other projects in mind that will use spray paint, but for my current dilemnia it was a life saver. Here is a picture of a basket like the original that is a size bigger and my finished project.(I promise the bow doesn't look so huge in real life) Isn’t it amazing what a little spray paint can do???


Supplies:

Basket from closet – free

White, quick dry, spray paint – free (found on hubby’s work bench)

Ribbon - $1.97 from Walmart, but bought originally for a different project

Basket Grass – free, saved from previous Easter’s

3 comments:

Deb said...

What an awesome idea!

Thrifty Decor Chick said...

It turned out GREAT!! I especially love the bow. And it was FREE. Can't get any better.

Chris said...

OH my! Isn't that the greatest?! Amazing what a little paint and some love will do! It turned out beautifully!

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs