Wednesday, September 12, 2007

First SU Party

Well I promised Mel that I would finally post some stuff that has been going on lately. She gets onto me when I haven't posted in a few days and I think it's been over a week since I last posted. Saturday was my first SU! party and it was so much fun. Thank you Beth Ann for being the brave one and letting me try out on her party. Everything went great and we had so much fun. The ladies who came were so much fun and they made me feel so comfortable as I made two different cards and one non-card item. I have another party in little over a week and plan on doing the same things for them since these were such a hit. Plus the kitty from Haunting Halloween is precious and on sale this month as part of the Fall Frenzy sale that SU! has going on.

This my first card that I did and also the make 'n take for the party. In case you aren't familiar with SU!, this would be the card that you get a chance to make yourself and take home. I can't take complete credit for this card because I started with someone else's idea off of Splitcoaststampers and added my own touches. I included a second picture so that you could see the way I punched a hole in the front of the card for the snowflake to show through.

Stamps: Season of Joy
Ink: Brilliant Blue
Paper: Whisper White, Brilliant Blue
Accessories: White Grosgrain Ribbon, Brilliant Blue Brad, 1 1/4" circle punch, paper piercer, craft knife(to slit side of card), dimensionals


My second card was a non-typical card size. I cut this card to 5 1/2" x 6" and scored it on the 3". I think this kitty is so cute and I love how this whole set works together and doesn't need any other sets to complete a card. I stamped the inside of this card with the 'a Haunting Halloween' saying to finish it out. This was my first creation, but for the party I mounted the kitty on black before adding it to the card.

Stamps: Haunting Halloween
Ink: Basic Black
Paper: Lovely Lilac, Whisper White, Basic Black, Only Orange
Accessories: SU! Pastels, dimensionals


I wanted my final creation to be something non-stamped and I wanted to use one of the new In-Colors from SU! So after much deliberation and one creation that lacked some pizazz, I decided to do a 2-4-6-8 box. If anyone else is like me, I have 13 ladies in my group at work and that gets pretty expensive at Christmas time. I love little treasures like this that you can fill with chocolate. Everyone in my group appreciates having a little bit of chocolate on hand when it gets stressful and this is just the perfect size. I also couldn't resist using the new double stitched ribbon. I tried my hardest to use the scallop circle punch somewhere on these three items, but couldn't figure out where. The tag is not actually attached to ribbon, but adhered directly to the box to make it look like that. Just in case you were curious, the box is about 3 1/2" tall and 2" wide. If you want to make your own boxes you can find the instructions here.

Stamps: Year After Year, Warm Wishes, Hot to Dot wheel
Ink: Wild Wasabi, Ruby Red
Paper: Whisper White, Wild Wasabi
Accessories: Word Window Punch, Small Tag Punch, Double Stitched Wild Wasabi Ribbon, Slit Punch

~Wendy

No comments:

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs