Saturday, February 14, 2009

Valentine's Day

We have had a wonderful Valentine's weekend around the Lambert household. While Chris was at softball Thursday night I put my Kitchen Aid mixer to good use and made a batch of sugar cookies.


I forget how much I enjoy decorating cookies and loved the excitement of trying to get them done so that I could surprise Chris with them. He loves sugar cookies and it's been months since I made him cookies. I didn't attempt Christmas sugar cookies this year after my brown icing on the reindeer last year didn't turn out so great. Poor reindeer that no one would eat. :( The cookies turned out much better this time and I loved having of plate of them ready for him when he left for work Friday morning. I also got a chance to truly break in my apron, because an apron isn't truly broken in until you get some flour and cookie dough on it!(plus I felt cute at the same time)


Friday afternoon, my mom and grandmother came in town. We spent the weekend just hanging around the house talking and having Taylor entertain us. I loved having a chance for my grandmother to spend so much time with Taylor and see her playing. She brought Taylor a red wagon that is just her size with a dalmatian in it. Then Mia gave Taylor a puppy for Valentine's Day, so today we worked on pulling our new doggies around the living room. I like these dogs because they don't shed!


Chris and I got Taylor the new Madagascar DVD, but I have to admit that we really want to see it too!


I wrapped up my Saturday with our annual treat from Amy's Ice Cream. YUM! As you can see, I indulged before taking a picture. If you live in Austin, you must get some of their strawberries next year. They only do them for V-day and they are AMAZING!


Hope everyone had a wonderful Valentine's weekend!

No comments:

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs