Monday, February 16, 2009

10 months old

I am always amazed at how quickly the months pass by. It seems like just yesterday that I was writing the blog for Taylor’s 9 month marker. It probably didn’t help that I was a week late in posting it! I watch Taylor learn, grow, and explore each day and think back to the days when it was a HUGE achievement to have Taylor hold on to an object. Now I often keep her from grabbing objects.

Attempt one went pretty well, but then I kept taking pictures and I think we are going to have to work on sitting ladylike with a dress on! (notice we also had to have bunny with us!)

Once she was on the ground it was much easier to get a smile from her.


· We are finishing up the last of our baby food stock and Taylor is eating finger foods for most meals. Taylor eats almost anything you put in front of her, but will pick cheese, meat, or Kix out first and in that order. She definitely takes after my love for cheese and Chris' love for turkey! A couple times lately she has eaten everything but her carrots. Funny girl!

· Taylor has really taken to Bunny more than normal. She now takes Bunny with her when she leaves her crib and often carries him with her as she crawls around. And yes, Bunny is a boy even though he’s pink. I never thought she would attach to something quite like she has to Bunny. Taylor loves him so much and giggles when I give him kisses at bedtime too.


· Taylor had her first ear infection and had her first taste of medicine other than Tylenol. She was so good at taking it and even open her mouth when she sees the pink bottle. I would have never known that she had an ear ache, but I took her to the doctor for a cold that wasn’t getting better.

· Sunday evening church is so much more fun now that you go with us. The people in the pew behind us are always in for a treat of smiles and waving during Mass. Taylor likes to talk during the songs and while the priest is talking, but I like to think of it as her joyful noises!

· Taylor hated nighttime baths as an infant so I started bathing her in the morning during her happy times. I just stuck with it since it worked, but it meant that Chris only got to see bath time on the weekends. For some reason we missed bath one morning recently so I switched to night time and she loves it. It is now part of our bedtime routine. Taylor also learned how to splash in the tub and often makes Chris and I feel like we are in the splash zone at Sea World.

· Taylor still hasn’t shown much interest in the stairs but loves crawling everywhere else in the house. If she is upstairs, she will head for the magnets on the filing cabinet in my office. Downstairs, she finds the laundry room, DVD bookcase, Sadie’s crate, Sadie’s water dish, and the pantry very fascinating. She also loves to go ‘shopping’ in the fridge or freezer when I open the doors.


- She is so funny when she gets excited and almost does a panting sound. It is so cute!

- I never know when you will finally figure out how to imitate something we do. I have been working with you for months on how to clap and you finally figured it out the other day, but it only took a few minutes of listening to Nana make a clacking noise and you started smacking! The first time I saw you clap, you crawled over to Sadie's crate and sat there clapping to her.

- In the past month, Taylor has had her top two teeth trying to cut through and over the weekend your bottom left tooth made it's way through too! I can't believe you have 5 teeth!!! Guess you decided you needed more teeth to eat all that food!

· Current weight 20 lbs 15 oz as of Thursday’s doctor appt

- Lastly, Taylor can say Mama, Dada, Nana, Hi, and a swear some form of the word kitty. She associates Chris and I with Mama and Dada and it melts my heart everytime she says Mama and reaches for me! I love watching her grow and learn each day and

No comments:

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs