Friday, December 11, 2009

Christmas Card

I LOVE the Christmas season!  I love the way our house look with all the decorations.  I leave our Christmas trees(yes that is multiple) on the entire time we are home so that I can enjoy all the lights and magicalness that a tree has.  Then on top of that people send cards with sweet photos or messages to remind of us that they are thinking of us this time of year.  It is so nice to get mail that is not a bill or junk!  Since I love receiving cards, it is only fit that I spend time making sure our card is just right.  I tried stamping our cards a few years, but we now send out way too many cards for me to try and make each of them and fitting a photo into that is just too much of a challenge for me.  So I look at the normal Shutterfly, Walgreens, Tiny Prints, Snapfish, ect and liked all the cute creations they had, but just couldn’t find the one that was just right for us.  So I pulled together several ideas that I liked and created my own in Stampin’ Up!’s My Digital Studio.  It was so easy to create and then just send to be printed as a 5X7 photo.  Creating the card took less time than trying to take Taylor’s picture.  So to all my blog followers that don’t get the mail version…

Cmas Card 09-001

 

What you get as my blog followers are the blooper pictures from my ‘session’ with Taylor.  I was ready for a challenge, but what I didn’t expect was all the laughs she gave me and I hope I remember this each year when I try to take her picture for future cards.  Plus I think I created a candy cane monster!  I am a bit of a candy cane snob and have been spoiled by a mom who searches out for Bob’s cherry candy canes for me each year.  Why bother to eat anything else when you have a fav?  So here we go….

IMG_5546 IMG_5557 IMG_5559

Saying cheese, but looking off to the side ~ Someone REALLY likes her candy cane ~ Check out this cool ornament Mama

IMG_5551 IMG_5552

Sadie did so good posing for me while Tay gave her ‘cheese’ smile ~ Check out those red shoes!  I LOVE ‘em!

 IMG_5569 IMG_5598 IMG_5610

Did you know a present makes for a great sitting place? ~ She thought I was pretty funny. ~ And in the end she was willing to share with Mama!

I thought about sending out a flip book instead of just a card so that I could include a few more of these, but figured I would save them for you reader.  So I’ll finish my candy cane and get back to my nap time to-do list, but I hope you have a very Merry Christmas and enjoy our bloopers!

2 comments:

sweetsong said...

I love your card Wendy. Very high in the cuteness factor. Be proud to be a candy cane snob. When you know what you like you know what you like. :)

Lydia said...

wonderful christmas photos, and a great christmas card

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs