Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Dear Ornament Makers

Dear Texas Tech "Official" Ornament Makers,

As I took down my Christmas tree this year I enjoyed looking back over the years of your ornaments that I have been collecting. It all started when my mom bought me one my freshman year at Tech.

How exciting it was to hang this on my mom's tree and be so proud of my school. She continued to buy them until I graduated. That year was really special because it was the year both Chris and I graduated. I was somewhat disappointed to see a giant 75 on the ornament, but you saved yourself with a few additions of the holly on the sides.

So explain to me why when you can create amazing ornaments like this one(my FAV!) The picture doesn't do it justice, but I couldn't get a good picture with all the shiny gold.


So tell me why you would create something so ugly that I would hang the ornament on the back side of the tree, if I had bought it. I didn't buy the ornament this year in protest and hope that you realize by sales figures that it was awful in comparison to past works. I LOVE decorating my our Christmas tree each year. I enjoy placing our beautiful Texas Tech ornaments all around the tree and was sad not to have the 2008 one. Who could love this thing???

So I beg of you, PLEASE stop the maddness and create a beautiful ornament to match those of years past. And I know that there are plenty of more Tech icons that they can symbolize since my roommate in college and I once thought about writing a book about Tech traditions.

Sincerely,

Wendy


***For those Red Raider fans that are just now being introduced to the Texas Tech ornaments, you can order them here. The ornaments are a great item and I believe that part of the price goes towards a scholarship fund.

1 comment:

Jay said...

the tech ornament makers need part of the bailout package instead of the car makers.

the economy has clearly affected their design team budget.

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs