Thursday, January 8, 2009

Craftiness

Not sure what has come over me, but I've got my creative bug back and have been finally finishing little projects all over the house. I LOVE my Christmas decor, but right now I feel so much better that it is all packed up and ready for Chris to move to the attic. I do miss the warm feeling our house has with the tree up so I'm trying to add a little seasonal decor for each month. Even though it's not really 'wintery' in Texas, I still like to decorate with some snowflakes here and there. I got this cute metal wreath at Chris' cousin's store, Paper Daisy, in Houston this year. If you live in Houston, it's a must visit! You can buy different magnets to go on the wreath for each holiday. I just loved the Christmas ones, but it was time to take them down. I haven't found a store here in Austin that carries the line, so I decided to try and make my own. This is where you come in. Here are the cute Christmas ones:


Now, here are the snowflake ones that I created for January:



Here's an up close shot of one snowflake:



What do you think? Cute or not? Poor Chris is a constant sounding board for my decorating so I figured I would give him a break for once.

Another one of my crafty projects was the ornaments that I made for Taylor's 1st Christmas. I wanted something to hang on our tree to commemorate this year, but something we could also give the grandparents for Christmas. I my mind this was going to be a simple project that I could do while Chris was at work. WRONG! It is not as easy as you would think to get a 8 month old to push her hand into clay. I love the turnout once Chris was able to help out. Taylor was so funny about doing a great hand print, but digging her index finger into the clay. There were a couple ornaments that died in the making process since she decided to push completely through the clay altogether. Check out our completed project.



This was super easy and the clay was homemade and baby safe. I used a straw to make the holes for the ribbon and wrote with sharpie on the back to mark the year and her name. I have two other projects mid process and will post pics when they are completed. That's all for crafty hour with Wendy!

2 comments:

Bellawhoop said...

Very cute! I love the snowflakes; so creative of you and the handprint ornament is precious!

Deb said...

Can't wait to see the cute hearts for February.

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs