Monday, May 3, 2010

I <heart> my sewing machine

My sewing machine and I have a love-hate relationship.  It loves to make the simple sewing hard and I then hate to use it.  I have all these grand dreams of cute projects while at Joanns or Hobby Lobby and then get the fabric home only to get death glares from the sewing machine.  I have to admit that it was pretty nice to me last time and I made a pillowcase without too many words that Taylor shouldn’t hear.  And most of those were from trying to follow instructions online rather than issues with the actual machine. 

Now that I have entered my second trimester the craft room is calling my name and I ventured in.  It’s sad to say that I have had this extremely cute owl fabric for a dress for Taylor since late January and it’s just been sitting there waiting patiently.  With some great love from my sewing machine, it is now the cutest little dress!

IMG_7680IMG_7684

Don’t you just love those cute little owls???  I think it helps that I think of the funny noise Taylor makes for them each time I look at the fabric.  I’m not sure what I was thinking when I bought the fabric, but I WAY over estimated on the amount and had just the right amount to make another dress.   So I went ahead and made another while the sewing machine was loving me and I’m giving it away to whoever wants it.  I know several of my blog followers have girls that might be too little for this, but she’ll eventually grow into it!  So leave me a comment and let me know if you want to win one of these dresses and I’ll draw a name next Monday.  ***Disclaimer: these dresses are by no means perfect, but made with lots of love and will fit from 12 months to I believe 3T/4T depending on how tall your little one is.***

I continued to spend some time with the sewing machine and made Taylor another pillow case.  This one went much better than her Cars one.  It was so much easier to just make a pillow based on a regular pillowcase and not cutesy pattern from online.  Taylor was so excited to see her ‘do do Dora’ pillow as she calls it.

IMG_7685 That’s it for my sewing, but stay tuned as I go back to my original love, stamping, for some Mother’s Day cards!

4 comments:

annalee said...

oooooh, please enter me in the drawing! that fabric is too cute and i love that pattern.

i'm proud of you that you don't get scared off by the sewing machines glares. i have to keep mine in the garage because i get so intimidated!

Anonymous said...

Super cute!! Enter us- I can totally see Miss L in tights and a long sleeve shirt this fall when it will fit!

I am also totally intimidated by my machine, but I try to whip it into submission every now and then. I have to try one of the pillow case dresses soon!

Mindy said...

That is a cute dress! I would love to win it...although through Melinda I won the Halloween dress. Canaan wore it this year and will definitely wear it next year. And possibly the following year as a shirt instead of a dress.

Sara said...

I would love to be entered too. I have my sewing machine all ready to go in the craft nook but I have no time right now..but maybe one day! It's been so long, I'm not sure I remember how to use it!

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs