Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Valentine’s Day Class

I try to keep this blog about Taylor, our family, and the different whimsical things I’m up to, but I had to show you the items I created for the Stampin’ Up class I have coming up on January 31st.  In the class we will be making the 3 cards and one non-card item shown below.  If you want information about you can come please put your email in the comment section.  Plus I know Melinda loves to see what I’ve been up to in my location for random Christmas items that haven’t found their way to the attic craft room.  I know I’ve said that I’m not allowed to buy any more paper, but how could I resist the Valentine’s-ish paper that is in the new Occasions Mini catalog.

I just love how Catherine Pooler did this card and changed it slightly to fit my needs.

  IMG_6339

This next one was a great way to incorporate several of the papers(did I mentioned they are all two sided and one side has glitter accents?).  Plus I love an excuse to use my white gel pen.  This one was a little bit harder to photograph since the red paper is actually a small strip on the inside of the card.  Bare with me and my photo taking skills!

   IMG_6342

I was inspired by this card and found a way to do a similar card, but using the Sending Love paper.  Isn’t this little owl the cutest?!  He looks like he’s saying ‘Who me?  You love me?’  Taylor loved this card since she has figured out how to say the word owl.  But her ‘owl’ is more drawn out like she’s trying to say ‘owl’ and ‘whoo’ at the same time. 

  IMG_6345 IMG_6346

I can’t take credit for this design of this last item either.  I found it here.  There are so many wonderfully creative women out there that I love to follow and attempt to make some of their items my own.  This Valentine’s treat holder was just too cute to not try.  And any reason to have chocolate on my craft table is always a good thing. 

 IMG_6348 IMG_6349

I’ve made a few more items with this paper but I will save those for another day.  Can you believe that Valentine’s Day is less than a month away??  Feel like it was just summer the other day.  Guess I better get back to the craft room and work on one for Chris before V-Day gets here!

Supplies(all Stampin’ Up!):

Paper: Very Vanilla, Kraft, Chocolate Chip, Real Red, Sending Love DSP

Ink: Pretty in Pink, Chocolate Chip, Real Red

Stamps:With All My Heart, Fox & Friends, Whimsical Words

Other: scallop circle punch, 1 3/8” circle punch, Pretty in Pink satin ribbon, oval scallop punch, small oval punch, white gel pen, scallop trim punch, dimensionals, XL fancy flower punch, Real Red grosgrain ribbon

2 comments:

MySanSouci said...

LOVE the owl!! Too cute!

Bellawhoop said...

These are all just DARLING! I'm so sorry to miss it, but my favorite is that sweet thank you with the different dps! I'm definitely going to be casing that!

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs