Saturday, December 13, 2008

Christmas Card

I never thought one card could cause me so much stress! I have been working on our Christmas card for the past few weeks. I took Taylor's picture in her Christmas dress the weekend after Thanksgiving and have been trying to design a card for it for quite a few days now. Earlier this week I figured out that the picture just didn't so her justice. Here is it since I'm using a different one now.
I love this picture of her, but Taylor talks so much with her eyes and this just didn't do her justice. I have been following Taylor around with the camera for the past week hoping to catch another photo of her that would work. Finally, I did last night. I am in the process of printing our cards right now and will post it on here later this week.(once everyone has a chance to get it in the mail) Taylor was so funny while I was taking the picture above. She kept wanting to crawl towards the camera so I gave her an ornament to play with. That didn't hold her attention for very long so I gave her the candy cane. Our photo session ended when I noticed that some of Taylor's drool had made it way through the end of the wrapper. I'm still wondering if Taylor got her first taste of candy cane.

I got the chance to take Taylor up to visit Santa one day this week. We had done a few 'trial' runs around men that had beards and Taylor was fascinated by them. I wasn't afraid that she would cry when she saw Santa, but more afraid that she would grab his beard and yank really hard. She did great! She was very intrigued by Santa and sat there for a few moments just staring at him. She didn't even cry!


Here are a couple more photos of my attempts to get a good one for the Christmas card. And yes, that is my kitchen spoon that she stole and keeps as a toy in the kitchen. The other picture is Taylor with her reindeer. She goes and gets it from under the tree and drags it around the living room.





















All I know is that I better start working on her birthday invitation now if it took me this long to get the Christmas card right. Also, does anyone have any suggestions for a good photoshop/digital scrapbooking program? The one I got sucks!

~Wendy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Wendy! Your little girl is too cute!! I wanted to recommend trying MyPublisher.com for scrap booking. I have done 3 books through them already and they all came out fantastic!

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs