Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Downton Cowl and new project(KAL)

I am so excited you guys… I finished my downton cowl and love, love, love the way it turned out.  I have tried it on probably ten times and I’m not sure Chris still understands what a cowl is but he is so sweet to be excited with me.  Here it is laid out flat, or mostly flat.  Part of the design is for it to curl at the edges for slouchy top and bottom.  Mine turned out a bit different than the original design since I used a heavy weight yarn.  The original design has more open holes to it, but I like the way this turned out.  Don’t you just love those chevrons!

IMG_3680

I put off a few loads of laundry and a sink full of dishes so that I could finish it up Monday night.  And lucky for you I got my hair done today(aka no ponytail) and actually had on makeup so I didn’t mind taking a few pictures wearing it.  Now if I could just figure out the best way to take pictures of myself things would be much better.  Instead you get my self portraits(and funny faces).  I hate being the focus of pictures so I’ve cropped them to focus mostly on my cowl. I also couldn’t get the lighting to be consistent in my bathroom so the true color is closer to the one above.  I love the way this will be the perfect accessory this fall.  My friends might get tired of seeing me in this thing!

 IMG_3678  IMG_3676

On to my next KAL project…

IMG_3681 IMG_3682 

This summer sweater immediately caught my attention in the Simply Knitting UK magazine.  Boatnecks are so forgiving while lugging around a small toddler and the little cap sleeve give them something to wipe their nose on adds a nice touch of feminine to this simple sweater. The simple lace at the neckline is nice too.

IMG_3683

I loved the coral color they used, but coral isn’t my go-to color to wear.  I love a great aqua and knew it was meant to be when I found this Reef Green, Lago yarn.  It has a slight texture to it and is going to be perfect for this sweater.  Luckily in Texas we celebrate warm months a little earlier and a little longer so I plan on being able to wear this sweater until November.(then I’ll switch to my cowl) 

 IMG_3684

Say a prayer that my attempt at a sweater goes much better than last time.  Maybe if you are lucky I will pull my first creation out and take pictures.  I will need to get much better at taking self portraits bc that sweater is just a crazy mess and I won’t want you to think it’s my photography skills :)

Now I’m off to get this lovely yarn wound into balls and cast on my needles. 

3 comments:

MySanSouci said...

LOVE it! It turned out beautiful! The new yarn is such a lovely color too!

Anonymous said...

Congrats Wendy! It looks great and will be such a simple way to dress up a simple tee this fall. Good luck on the sweater, and let me know when you're going to add the cowl to your etsy shop! :)

Sara said...

love it! you're so talented! And I love love that sweater, can't wait to see the end product!

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs