Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Project Life

I have been meaning to post about this for oh… 6 months now and am finally catching up on my blogging, if you haven’t noticed.  Project Life is a simple way of document each day of your life with one picture.  Last year I heard about doing a 365 project, which is the same theory, but you had to figure out your own format/book to put it in.  Becky Higgins made it simple so that all you have to do is buy her kit, take the pictures, print the pictures, and write a little bit about each day.  I buy a LOT of scrapbooking/stamping supplies and $50 is cheap for all that you get and it’s so easy to put together.  I end up waiting too long and trying to print and journal a month at a time, and it still only takes me about an hour to complete.  My goal is to start posting the previous week’s photos on here each Thursday to stay on top of it. 

I took these pictures back in April of my first two months of pages for 2010.  I was going to start the book on January 1st, but found it easier to start with the first Sunday of the year so that each open page set is Sunday – Saturday.  It is amazing how much Taylor has changed even since January!

IMG_7547IMG_7543

 IMG_7548 IMG_7549

 IMG_7550IMG_7551

  IMG_7552 IMG_7553

 IMG_7554 IMG_7555

 IMG_7556 IMG_7557

 IMG_7558 IMG_7559

 IMG_7560 IMG_7561

You will notice that some days have a collage for the photo.  When big events happen and it’s too hard to pick just one photo, I do a photo collage in Picasa.  There are also days that I forgot to take a horizontal picture and didn’t want to lose too much of the picture by cropping the top and bottom, so I shrunk it down to be only 4” tall and added a solid background.  I also have several days each month where there just isn’t a picture and that reminds me that life isn’t perfect and I’m allowed to step out from behind the camera and just enjoy life.  Too bad my to-do list didn’t talk about scrapbooking 2010 or I would be able to check that one off my list. 

Tomorrow I will update you with what happened last week and I’ll continue the year from there.  I just saw on Becky’s blog that she is going to continue making Project Life, but around Christmas she will put out a different design!  I know what will be on my Christmas list :) 

1 comment:

Lareina said...

Awesome memory keeping!

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs