Saturday, November 28, 2009

Scraping my thanks

I really like the concept of sending a scrapbook page instead of a card for the holidays and actually had my act together in time for Thanksgiving.  I wasn’t sure what to use for the picture part, so I used one of Taylor 18 month old photos.  All her other photos right now are a bit weird with her ‘cheese’ phase going on.  While I was going thru my papers to find stuff for these layouts, I realized that I need something to tell me to step away from the 12x12 paper the next time I am in Archivers, Michaels, JoAnn’s, or Hobby Lobby unless I have a specific purpose for it’s use in the next 5 days.  Here is what I came up:

IMG_5460 IMG_5461

 

Both projects use all the same items, I just moved them around to make them a tad bit different.  I hope my mom and grandmother enjoy hanging these in their frame for a couple of weeks until I get a Christmas page done. 

Paper: SU Tangerine Tango(retired), SU River Rock(retired), random yellow from scraps, brown background paper is from Deja’ Views 8x8 pad
Ink: SU Chocolate Chip
Stamps: SU Sketch An Event(retired)
Other: orange grosgain ribbon, brown grosgrain ribbon, brown fine tip sharpie, SU distressing tool, SU Little Leaves die cut, Cricut Mini Monograms catridge(for ‘thanks’)

1 comment:

laura marie said...

wendy, such a cute scrapbook page! you are really creative!

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs