Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Two and a half

While our house is crazy with prepping for a new baby, our baby girl is proving to not be a baby anymore and growing up more and more each day.  Taylor turned 2 1/2 last week and I loved the idea some of my friends had of interviewing our little ones.  This interview was pretty interesting since most of the questions received completely different answers than I was expecting.  Sit back and enjoy some humor from our BIG little girl.

Some of the answers I would have expected:

Names/nicknames: Taylor Girl

Favorite Food: cheesy pasta wheels or chicken and fries

Favorite Dessert: pink popsicle

In case you couldn’t understand, her baby sister’s name stated is Baby Pickle/Baby Elizabeth.  Taylor is VERY excited about becoming a big sister and shows me several times a day how she is going to hold the baby.  She also informs me all the things she is going to teach Elizabeth to do like: wash her hands, keep her panties dry, wear panties, play in her kitchen, make mashed potatoes, eat a popsicle, sleep in a big girl bed, read books, and play in the craft room.  It warms my heart to hear her want to help out so much and speaks so much about the person she is becoming.  Taylor is such a helpful member of our household and LOVES putting a napkin at everyone’s spot for dinner and has named herself the official mashed potato maker.  She even practices making the potatoes while playing in her kitchen.  Cooking has become more interesting and I look forward to her pushing a chair into the kitchen to help me assemble dinner. 

My life and daily adventures would not be the same without Taylor.  I know all our lives are about to change with the upcoming birth of Elizabeth so I am taking as many moments as possible to see her as the little girl she is before E is born.  Taylor makes my days more exciting and frustrating all at the same time.  Who would ask me to turn the music up louder, to sing with her, or if “I’m ready?” when the song starts?  Who would get so excited when we see a school bus and talk about how she will get to ride one someday?  Who would thank me each time I pick her up from school and get so excited that I came back?  Who would tell me about her day and give me a kiss on the hand as we walk to the car?  Who would tell me so excitedly that “God loves me!”?  Who would have a 30 minute drama throw down with me about what to wear or if she wants to wear shorts/pants? Who would remind me prior to nap that she is will let me know when she is done with nap by saying “Momma, I all done with my nap now”?  Sometimes you also tell me that you had ‘sweet dreams’.  Going down for nap or bedtime can be a bit of a task since you keep asking for a couple(holding up two fingers) more books and end up with enough books in your bed for a small town library.  Taylor still requires bunny with her at most times, blankie at nap/bedtime and snuggles on the couch, fishy and ocean sounds on at night/nap, and seahorse in the bed but not on.  Bunny is quite the companion but Taylor is slowly getting better at leaving him in the car or bag. 

Favorite books right now: Knuffle Bunny(she reads part of this book with me), Barbie Mermaid, Dora Mermaid, Pinkalicious, Because I’m Your Daddy

Taylorized Words/Phrase: Upavator(elevator), fA-lezz(please), bafroom(sounds like bathroom but means craftroom), uppy-side-down(upside down), nakee(naked or the wild crazy girl with just panties on), ca-ma(camera), Fancy Dancy Shoes(my red ballet flats), I do it, gobbles(safety goggles), That my Sadie dog/Tessa cat(really shown ownership of our animals in the past few months), uh-donalds(McDonalds), happy meal(any kids meal that comes with chicken nuggets and milk because it makes her happy)

<Side note: The McDonald’s thing is new because this Mommy is a million months pregnant and majorly swollen so cooking is not a priority right now.  Apples and milk balance out the chicken nuggets right???>

Quirks: loves seeing what color the soap will be and smelling her hands afterwards; often has wardrobe changes if the shirt/dress is not ‘spinny’ enough or if it does not match the color of bow she wants to wear(didn’t think I would have this problem for a few more years)

Favorite songs since music is a HUGE part of our life in this house: Stuck like Glue by Sugarland, Single Ladies(Chipmunk version) by Beyonce, ‘the na-na song’ Staying Alive(Chipmunk version), Don’t Stop Believing by Journey, and the all time recording breaking favorite…. Twinkle Twinkle Little Star

Taylor still loves to climb into our bed each morning and watch cartoons.  It doesn’t bother her to get me up at 6 am, but if it’s a weekend and Chris is still in bed she asks to go downstairs so she doesn’t wake him up.  It’s cute now but at 6 am I just want to climb back into bed too!  I enjoy our morning cartoon time because she becomes a snuggler and nothing is better than little girl snuggles.(unless it’s sleeping in past 6 am!)  For some reason she only really likes to snuggle with me.  Guess that will be just one of our mother-daughter things.  She has plenty of things that she only likes to do with Daddy like Lego building or playing the sleep game.  Taylor is also in love with anything pink or princess.  Disney does a great job of marketing because Taylor is drawn to anything with the princesses on it and informs me that she ‘needs’ it.  If you noticed on the video, Taylor likes to make up her own songs and often answers questions in her own language.  This had led to me often asking her to speak in English or use real words.  Another thing on the video is that she asks what I’m having.  Sometimes she also informs me that she has a baby Pickle in her tummy or a baby brother in her tummy.  More proof that she’s a goofball!

We love you crazy little girl and look forward to seeing what the next 6 months bring!(hopefully they will bring less tantrums or drama queen fits)

No comments:

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs