Thursday, October 7, 2010

Showered with love

You would think with all my time resting that I would have blogged about this much quicker, but my Nintendo DS seems to call my name when I have some kid free time.  Maybe it’s the fact that I can rest it on my belly or that I am madly addicted to some of the games.  Either way it has prevented me from blogging as much as I would like and added posting about some stuff to my to-do list :( 

A few weekends ago we were blessed with two wonderful baby showers in one weekend.  Chris and I hadn’t planned on any showers since this is our second child and another girl, but were doubly blessed when given two showers.  How wonderful that all these people wanted to help us celebrate the upcoming birth of Elizabeth!  As a bonus, my mom was able to come down and participate in both showers too! 

The first was a sweet, girly shower given by some of my fellow mothers that I once worked with or met through playgroups.  I love all the details they put into the shower!  We played some fun games, ate some wonderful food, and shared Mommy stories.  It was a wonderful way to spend the afternoon and I am so thankful for these ladies!  They are how I survive motherhood!  Without them I’m not sure who I would turn to for advice while potty training, toddler tantrums, pregnancy(the first and second), and being a mother.  Thank you ladies for such a special day and celebrating Elizabeth!

yummy cupcakes clothesline of onesies elizabeth decor shower invite 2 - Copygoodiesthe girls do you know what that is  happy momma to be   wendy and mom 

The next day Jeff, Shelly, and Kellie arrived at our house to prepare for a BBQ diaper shower.  An issue arose with the original shower location, so we moved it to our house.  This actually worked out really well since all the kids could play outside and at the end I just plopped down on the couch and was already home.  And maybe it’s the southern girl coming out in me, but I have craved BBQ during both pregnancies and it made this pregnant woman very happy to see lots of BBQ show up at our house!  It was a wonderful celebration with friends and family, and at the end I counted that we had 5 pregnant women together at one time.  I wish I would have grabbed a photo with all the preggo women, but ended up with just a photo with one.  My favorite quote from the party would be when one of the ladies who is due a few weeks after me told another pregnant lady(due in March) ‘I like your jeans.  They have a zipper.’  Let me just say that I was WOWed by the amount of diapers I got and loved hearing the stories of the non-kid friends trying to buy diapers.  Elizabeth is definitely set for diapers and I will appreciate this even more when I need to come straight home from work to give me a break rather than stopping to pick up diapers!

 IMG_0867 IMG_0876IMG_0878  IMG_0885 IMG_0887 IMG_1031

Thank you to everyone who showered us(and Elizabeth) with so much love!

2 comments:

Bellawhoop said...

How very sweet! It looks like you're all set and ready for that sweet baby girl to pop out. :)

MySanSouci said...

We can't wait to meet your sweet Elizabeth! Congrats, Momma!

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs