Friday, June 12, 2009

Happy Anniversary!

Picture 041

Six years ago today, I was sitting by the pool in Maui drinking mango-banana rushes(a wonderful frozen adult beverage) with Chris, my Mom, and his Mom. Not many brides can say that! Just a few hours after that I got out of my Mom’s rental car, was handed my bouquet, linked my arm in my Mom’s(she gave me away), and stepped onto the beach to become Mrs. Lambert. When we were planning our elopement it never occurred to us that we would be getting married on Friday the 13th, but it has turned out to be a very good day for us. I loved our wedding and how it was simple and just about Chris and I. We listened to the waves crash on the beach while promising to love one another and had a view of two other Hawaii islands(along with a guy in scuba gear). The picture you see above is a Hawaiian tradition of rubbing noses during the wedding ceremony as a way to exchange breaths.

Picture 040

We were actually able to pull off a pretty secret elopement and took just those in the picture above with us.

Picture 015 Picture 003

Picture 019

Picture 009 Picture 031

I wonder if in 30 years I will still get excited/emotional when I look back at our wedding photos. I just love them so much! Too bad little miss came along last year and spoiled my plans to go back for our 5th anniversary! j/k I can’t believe that we are already celebrating year six! It has been so awesome so far and I can’t wait to keep celebrating each year!

Happy Anniversary Chris!

Love, Wendy

4 comments:

annalee said...

i had no idea that's where y'all got married. INCREDIBLY BEAUTIFUL and such a fun story too! happy anniversary.

Terri Trotter Earley said...

Oh my gosh! This was our 6 year anniversary this year as well. It looks like you have a little cute girl as well. Our daughter is 2 1/2 how old is yours? Anyway, happy anniversary! The pictures are stunning.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Deb said...

Congrats!! I love those fabulous beach photos.

Sara said...

I enjoyed reading about your wedding and seeing the pictures - so beautiful and intimate! Happy Anniversary!

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs