Sunday, July 13, 2008

Lake Baby

There are many things that continue to prove to me that Chris and I are soulmates, but one of them is our joint love for the lake. My grandparents had a lakehouse that I could have lived at all summer long if my parents would let me. My childhood is full of wonderful memories from Possum Kingdom Lake and I was so excited to learn that Lake Travis is so similar.(especially since it only takes us 15 minutes to get there from our house). Well, Chris and I have spent many long summer days hanging out at the lake over the past 5 years I've been here and we wondered what it would be like once Taylor came along. Let me just say.. Taylor is our little lake baby. She has been out on her Mia and PawPaw's 4 times now and continues to love it. I may love it even more when she takes nice LONG naps during and after the boat rides. Here are some pictures from last Sunday when we went out for a morning ride before all the July 4th weekenders came out.
Taylor started off the morning hanging out
with Mia and avoiding the sun. Must keep
a little girl's fair skin out of the harsh Texas sun.




Chris looks like he's focusing really hard on driving, but he was really posing for the picture!






While Chris drove the boat, PawPaw had fun playing in the front hatch. Can you tell that we are a family full of Red Raiders???



Taylor was still worn out after a morning
on the boat that she was fast asleep when
we got back to the marina.




PawPaw and Mia love their boat!





Taylor makes her photo debut in her Bjorn.
After a few practice rounds at the house she was ready for the marina. This was must easier than pushing her stroller back up the steep hill. I just make sure to clip paci to the carrier so that it didn't end up in the lake!



Update: I just realized that some of the 'lost pictures' included ones of me, Chris, and Taylor at the lake. Guess we'll just have to take a little girl back for more lake time.

3 comments:

Bellawhoop said...

It looks like y'all are having a blast on the lake and with the Texas heat, I wouldn't want to be anywhere else. Such fun pictures - everyone looks so happy! {And I love your swimsuit - so pretty!}

Sara said...

I'm so jealous - it looks like you guys had so much fun! Taylor seems to brave the heat pretty well.

Anonymous said...

So fun! Glad you got your pictures rescued!!

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs