Saturday, November 28, 2009

More Scraping Thanks

I started out making a page for my frame and somehow ended up that I created a page for my Mom, my grandmother, and now my mother-in-law, but not one for me yet!  At least I have all these great pages I’ve created so far to get ideas from for my own.  You know how much I love layout ideas for my cards, well I found a layout idea for scrapbook pages too.  If you are into scraping you should check out PageMaps Blog.  They come up with some cute layouts and I love all the variations that people come up with!

Here is the layout:

apage4allseasonssketchThere’s was a 8 1/2 x 11 size, but you can change things up to fit your page size.  The frame is 12 x 12 so I just made it wider.  My MIL hates staples on a scrapbook page or card so I had to come up with something else for that element.  I struggled with the background paper for a long time and actually hoped to have this done on Thursday to give to her for Thanksgiving, but it took me a few days to find a background paper that fit just right.  I found the cute felt buttons in my embellishment drawer and thought they added a touch of softness to all the paper.  I am really starting to enjoy my Cricut and how nice it is to cut letters and shapes the size and color I want!  I put the Sure Cuts A Lot program on my Christmas list so that I can create the wording on the computer using any font and then cut it out!  We’ll see if Santa thinks I’ve been a good girl this year!  Onto my creation:

IMG_5521 

Does it count against my to-do before 30 list if I have created a page for everyone else?

It’s on my regular to-do tonight or tomorrow.  I am almost done with my indoor Christmas decoration and then I need to wrap a few presents before I can sneak back into my craft room again. 

No comments:

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs