Friday, August 21, 2009

Cupcake Challenge #79

I love when I get all the stuff done around the house, Taylor takes a long nap, and I have time to stamp! What a great way to spend a Friday afternoon! Time for another Friday Cupcake Challenge.

TESC79(sketch)

I struggle every time I go to make a masculine card, but never remember to buy more masculine stamp sets. I got the Boys set from Taylored Expressions, but none of the stamps really fit Chris’ brother. Then I remembered this monkey that I bought a while back. Not sure how a monkey fits with a graduation card, but it’ll work. I really like the background paper and just realized it’s a bit floral for a male card. There was a red polka dot paper that goes with it, but I couldn’t figure out how to make it work with the card. I added some liquid pearls to the circle for a touch of yellow(don’t look at my smudge) and learned a technique to tap the card from the back to get rid of the peaks in your pearls. Works like a charm!

IMG_4428

I liked the layout I had just used, so I did a similar layout for this next card. I am going to a wedding shower tomorrow but the couple likes more untraditional wedding colors. I thought the funkyness of the background paper would do the trick. I just love this stamp set from Stampin’ Up and try to use it whenever possible. You can’t tell in the picture, but I added hints of sparkle pen to the flowers for just that hint of something.

IMG_4430

Once again my desk is now clean, so hopefully I will get to stamp some more this weekend while Taylor naps!

1 comment:

Denise Marzec said...

Oh that monkey is ADORABLE! Love what you did with the papers in this month's KI too!

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs