Thursday, April 16, 2009

One Year Old

As usual I am a few days behind on this, but I have been very busy getting ready for a BIG party to celebrate a little girl's first birthday! I can't believe our beautiful baby girl is one! This past year has been so wonderful and I've been very lucky to be with Taylor the entire time. Together we have grown and learned so much along the way. She has such a curious mind and loves to figure things out. Peek-a-boo stands as an all time favorite game and can get some of the best laughs out of Taylor when peeking out from around a corner. It amazes me how one day Taylor was cruising from place to place holding on to a surface to flat out walking. I've been watching her crawl everywhere(with her right leg in a funny position) that I'm still getting used to seeing her waddling around the kitchen upright. I love the excitement that Taylor gets from being able to walk. Taylor LOVES cats! She squeals with glee when she sees any cat and immediately wants to try to pet it. Her version of petting is touching the animal once. Taylor has finally started to show a greater interest in our dog Sadie. Sadie has always been the person that Taylor feeds her food to once she is done, but now she will actually go over and pet Sadie. Taylor is really good eater and will still eat most of the foods you give her but there is now way this kid is becoming a vegetarian.



Here are a few things that I've learned in my first year as a mom:
- diaper changing can be a competition between you and baby, and only gets harder as they get older
- you will do anything to get a baby to laugh again, even if it is the strangest noise
- those laughs melt your heart everytime
- babies require lots of 'gear' to go anywhere(this gets better as they get older)
- footie pj's are the cutest things ever(and I miss Taylor in hers)
- sticky little hands are capable of finding all sorts of things
- the dust buster is a mom's best friend

No comments:

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs