Wednesday, April 8, 2009

More Stamping

I definitely helped that I cleared off my desk to get ready for my Stampin' Up workshop a couple weeks ago and now I have the stamping bug. I find myself thinking of card projects when I should be working and then I look for any free time to get into my craft room to ink some stamps. This past weekend we were invited to Graham's first birthday party and so I got a chance to make boy birthday cards. The invitations had a giraffe on them so I decided to pull out my animal stamps and stick with his theme. I really need to remember to not take pictures at night because the lighting really doesn't do justice for the colors in these cards.



I had so much fun making his birthday card that I went ahead and made a set of thank you cards to match. I just loved stamping with the giraffe and the polka dot paper was fun.

All supplies are Stampin' Up unless otherwise noted
Stamps: Wild About You, Much Appreciated(retired), Say it with Scallops
Ink: Pacific Point, VersaMark
Paper: Pacific Point, More Mustard, Whisper White, Pumpkin Pie, polka dot paper is unknown
Other: White Embossing Powder, Heat tool, Wide Oval Punch, Scallop Edge Punch, Real Red Grosgrain Ribbon
Inspiration for this card came from: http://jill031070.blogspot.com/2008/11/another-baby-set.html

Taylor had so much fun at Graham's party. She loved riding in the wagon, chasing their kitty, trying out animal crackers, and checking out Graham's new toys. Graham is one week older than Taylor and so it was very exciting to see how our little ones have grown and changed. Graham is walking all by himself and so I was hoping that he might inspire Taylor to take more steps. She is walking but only 4-5 steps from one object to another. I have not been able to catch her on video yet :(


Leili is also part of our 'April Babies' group and was born one day after Taylor. And no Taylor doesn't look like a giant next to Leili, she is bigger size wise, but Tay is sitting up on her knees in this picture.


I hope you enjoy my crafty posts because I have several other projects that I've made in getting ready for Taylor's 1st birthday! I'll try to post you some sneak peeks later on!

Wendy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wendy I LOVE Graham's card and Thank You notes!!! I can't tell you how many people were oohhing and aahhing over them and were so impressed that you made them!

Deb said...

Those are so cute. I am envious of your stamping skills. I may need lessons.

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs