Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Summer Sweater Knit Along(KAL)

 

luvinthemommyhood

I have been busy knitting new projects for my Etsy store, but also thinking about knitting something for myself.  The problem with something for myself is that I’ve knitted a few clothing items and they were hot messes.  I mean, never-wear-in-public disasters.  This has been heart breaking for me because I would love to wear my own creations.  So I decided to start small and try this downtown cowl to practice patterns and sizing correctly. 

Downton Cowl Chevron Lace Knitting Pattern PDF

So I am joining luvinthemommyhood’s knit along a few weeks late.  I am in love with the blue satin yarn I picked and look forward to wearing this cowl in the fall.  It makes me ready for cool mornings and football games already!  I was able to get a good start on it this weekend during our road trip for a wedding.  If this rain keeps up all I’m going to want to do is sit and knit.  Here is my progress so far:

photo (1)

What projects are you working on?  Are you thinking of fall or Christmas projects yet?

2 comments:

Passionate Design said...

Oooh, lovely! The blue is so pretty :)

Wearing what you make takes patience and knowing what you like to wear. I'm figuring out that while I love a good cardi I have a hard time knitting one that I love...so this time I'm making a pullover.

As for Christmas...yes, I've already started thinking about it ;)

Very Shannon said...

Yay..can't wait to see your cowl.

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs