Thursday, October 15, 2009

Baby Thank you cards

A friend is getting ready to have her second baby and is having a little girl this time.  I know when I had Taylor, I really appreciated when my friend Melinda made me the most adorable thank you cards.  So I offered to make some thank you cards that matched her nursery bedding.  I love how the bedding is girly without really having any pink or purple in it. 

Laurel bedding

Plus it gave me a chance to use my Cheep Talk and Trendy Trees stamp sets.  I ended up with two different cards and then did half of each style with blue birds and half with orange/cantaloupe colored birds.  I embossed the green layer using my Cuttlebug Swiss dots folder.  I wanted to create polka dots like on the bedding, but white dots were just too busy.  Then I clear embossed the flowers on the coral layer to give them that extra pop.

IMG_4933 IMG_4940 IMG_4937

After going through my pictures, I now realize that I didn’t take a picture of the blue bird card below that had the yellow layer with embossed flowers.  This was my first version of this card and Chris suggested I flip the blue and yellow and add the embossed flowers.  He’s really getting good at helping me with this design stuff!  I liked the simple inside design of the card above, so I repeated it again here. 

IMG_4943 IMG_4944 IMG_4928

Don’t you just love those birds?  Happy stamping!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wendy, I couldn't love these cards more and I am so appreciative that you were so thoughtful! I was waiting for you to post so that I could post about the cards and link to you. Thanks again!!! Jenn

Mindy said...

Those are beautiful! I cannot believe you made those. That is why I should NOT make cards.

Deb said...

Those cards turned out fabulous. I can't believe how well you matched them to the bedding.

Sara said...

You are very very talented Wendy! The cards are beautiful!

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs