Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Welcome Card

We have a friend coming to stay with us for a few weeks until his wife can get their house sold(out of state) and so that he can start his new job.  We got him a few things to make him feel welcome to Austin and I needed a card to go with the gift.  Do you know how hard it is to come up with a masculine card???  I figured out the layout and papers, but struggled with the actual stamped image.  Luckily I got inspired when I saw this card on a blog I follow.  Thank you Jill for the great layout and design.  I really like how it turned out.  You might not be able to tell, but I actually clear embossed the image to make it a richer color.  I must make a bigger effort to buy more guy-friendly stamps! 

 

IMG_4209

Stamps: SU Pocket Silhouettes, Warm Words

Ink: SU Chocolate Chip

Paper: TE Father’s Day KI Kit

Other: Versamarker, Clear embossing powder, unknown brown sheer ribbon

1 comment:

Bellawhoop said...

Very cute! Guy cards are difficult for me, too. :) Haven't stamped in a while. It's too hot to do anything but continuously take cold showers. I'm finding that I'm a little grumpy. Hope this heat wave passes soon!

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs