Thursday, March 27, 2008

9 Month Update

Well here we are at 36 1/2 weeks, or just a little over 9 months, and less than a month to go. Taylor and I got a good but interesting report at the doctor yesterday. We first went in for an ultrasound to see how big our little girl is getting. By the way, she is a little girl and we reconfirmed that! First off, she is being stubborn and is currently breech. For those of you unfamiliar to pregnancy terms like I was before this, that means that she is head up right now and in the wrong position for birth. Next, the doctor informed us that she is approximately 7.25 lbs! She truly is the little hippo that Kellie keeps calling her. See attached pictures and you'll realize that she has grown. I didn't even realize how big I've gotten until looking at the side profile of myself tonight. Holy cow! Back to the doctor visit. After the ultrasound we went down to see my OB. My blood pressure is still low, weight gain normal, and my swelling feet didn't seem to bother her. Due to Taylor's breech status we had to make a decision last night about whether or not we wanted to try inversion, or a process where they push on the belly and try to get the baby to turn. We've decided to not go with it and so the doctor had us schedule a C-section for 39 weeks. Taylor is now scheduled to be born at 11:30am on April 15th. She's going to love being a Tax Day baby! I am hoping that she doesn't wait that long to come since she's getting really heavy and now I know why! We are ready for this little girl to come. Her room is ready and now we just wait until she's ready. The past 24 hours have been a little overwhelming as we let it sink in how big Taylor is and that I'm pretty guaranteed to have a C-section unless she randomly turns between now and then. I guess our little girl is preparing us for what will be a very overwhelming next 18 years...25 years....not sure it ever ends. Our parenthood adventures begin now! For now I will leave you with the entertaining(they really are since I am just HUGE) pictures to go put up my swollen feet. I will save you the pictures of those just yet. We go back to the doctor every Wednesday until Taylor comes, so I'll email more about Taylor next week.


Love,

1 comment:

Bellawhoop said...

I'm sorry to hear about the C-section, but I guess she's a little comfy in there! I'll be praying that she turns around into birth position. You look so cute. :) I'm glad you've enjoyed (and are still enjoying) your pregnancy!

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs