Friday, November 9, 2012

Applesauce Raisin Chews

A couple weeks ago I listed a few of my favorite things and under the scoop I talked about a messy but good cookie.  I promise I didn’t forget about you and you won’t forget about this yummy cookie recipe.  I doubled the recipe because I was making them for Taylor’s soccer snack and wanted to make sure there were plenty for me at home.  Plus you need enough for sampling while the others are cooking.  Isn’t that the perk of being the cookie maker??? 

Guess what.. I even took some fancy phone pictures of the process for you too. 

Applesauce Raisin Chews

  • 1 c margarine, softened
  • 1 c brown sugar
  • 1 c applesauce
  • 1 egg, beaten
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 2 c flour
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • ½ tsp salt
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 2 ½ c quick or old fashioned oats
  • 1 c raisins

IMG_3090

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Beat margarine and sugar until creamy. Add applesauce, egg, and vanilla; beat well. Gradually add combined flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon; mix well. Stir in oats and raisins.

IMG_3089 (see why I need the scoop to get this gooey mess out)

Drop by rounded tablespoonful's onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 11 to 12 minutes or until light golden brown. Cook 1 minute on cookies sheet. Remove to wire rack; cool. Store covered at room temperature.

 IMG_3092

I apologize for the ‘I was taking pictures at midnight’ lighting but I wanted you to see that these cookies turn out like.  They are messy looking but very yummy. 

No comments:

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs