Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Movember

When Chris informed me that he was going to grow a mustache, and only a mustache, for the whole month of November I made the worse face possible and quickly told him ‘NO!’  I like to think that I have that much control over my other half.  Didn’t he know that Elizabeth would be born at the beginning of the month and I didn’t want him to have the creeping guy facial hair in all her newborn pictures.  Then he went on to explain why he was growing it and while I’m still not crazy about the facial hair, I completely support what he’s doing.  Here’s his letter explaining Movember and a picture of him with his brother and Dad.(who are also participating)

To All,

For the month of November I have joined up with my family and friends to participate in Movember. We all formed a team Barra Bigote (Mustache Gang), and committed ourselves to growing a mustaches in order to help raise money and awareness for prostate cancer and research (please see attached photo). Cancer has affected almost every person in America in some way, whether it is a family member or close friend. It is imperative that we help raise money and awareness about cancer so that people will have the tools to prevent and fight cancer. It is particularly important for me to raise money and awareness about prostate cancer because:

- Other than skin cancer, prostate cancer is the most common cancer in American men.

- Prostate cancer is the second leading cause of cancer death in American men, behind only lung cancer.

- 1 in 2 men will be diagnosed with cancer in his lifetime.

- 1 in 6 men will be diagnosed with prostate cancer during his lifetime.*

This is a cause that I feel passionately about and I'm asking you to support my efforts by making a donation to support the great work of the Prostate Cancer Foundation and LIVESTRONG.  To help, you can either:

-  Click this link http://us.movember.com/mospace/698782/ and donate online using your credit card or PayPal account
-  Write a check payable to Movember, referencing my name or Registration Number 698782 and mailing it to: Movember, PO Box 2726, Venice, CA 90294-2726

The money raised will help make a tangible difference to the lives of others, through the world's most promising prostate cancer research and LIVESTRONG's programs that support young adults and their families battling and surviving cancer.

For more details on how the funds raised from previous campaigns have been used and the impact Movember is having please visit

http://us.movemberfoundation.com/research-and-programs/.

Lambert_Movember

Do you have important men in your life?  Are they aware of prostate cancer and how it can affect them?  If not, maybe you should think about telling them about Movember!  I now LOVE the fact that in Elizabeth’s baby book Chris(and other male family members) are sporting a mustache to raise awareness!!!

No comments:

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs