Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Northbound I-35

A few weekends ago Taylor and I set off for Fort Worth and left Chris at home.  We really wanted to take him but since our adventures started midweek it became a girls trip.

IMG_7776She’s learned to kick back and relax on car rides just like her Momma

 IMG_7777    IMG_7782 IMG_7783

We had to stop at the monkeys and orangutans for Aunt KK

IMG_7778 IMG_7784  IMG_7786

Nana & Tay ~ cute baby giraffes ~ Tay, Nana, and Great Granny

  IMG_7800       IMG_7796   IMG_7799 

Flamingos ~ gorgeous tigers ~ Tay & I near the kangaroos

After the zoo and some time playing at Aunt Desha’s house, I refreshed Taylor’s memory of snow cones.  When given flavor choices she picked ‘purple’ aka grape.  Again I am thankful she can feed herself so I got to enjoy my own snow cone.  (did i mention that we made a detour the next night for another snow cone?)

IMG_7803 

Then some much need cousin time at Nana’s house

 IMG_7804          IMG_7814      

And watching Kailee’s dance recital.  Taylor kept saying ‘I dance too’ and still talks about watching Kailee dance in her prayers each night.  I forget how fun it is to watch little girl dance recitals.  We got some good laughs from watching them and I got some good girl name ideas from the program.

Kailee

We ended the weekend by celebrating my cousin’s graduation from SMU Law school.  It seems like just yesterday we were playing Barbie's at Granny’s house and now she is studying to take the bar… crazy!IMG_5808 It was an awesome weekend but we were glad to get back home to Chris and head southbound on I-35.  The snow cone stands of HEB are safe from the Lambert girls until we return again.

1 comment:

annalee said...

i love road trips! sounds like y'all had a great time. and snow cones are always a huge bonus in my book!

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs