Monday, June 7, 2010

Happy 31 Baby!

I’m a few weeks behind on this one, but we recently celebrated Chris’ birthday.  If it were up to him we would just act like it’s any other day and go on, but I LOVE birthdays and do everything I can to make his day special.  This year was definitely a new, and fun, adventure for me as Taylor helped pick out his gifts, wrapping paper, balloons, paper goods, and make his cake.  While I had to help steer her away from Handy Manny or mermaid themed items, it was fun to watch her get excited.  We also had to explain to her several times that it wasn’t her birthday.  We actually celebrated Chris’ birthday the day before since we were going to be heading out of town on his actual birthday.  Taylor was a great help in making his cookie cake.  While she doesn’t know what cookie dough tastes like yet, she made sure the chocolate chips were okay.  The cake turned out great and she loved being my helper.  I saved the icing part until naptime since I didn’t want her too hyped up on sugar! 

 IMG_7975 IMG_7978

That evening we headed over to Chris’ parents for swimming and BBQ.  We have now learned not to mention swimming until a few minutes before we actually go or Taylor will keep telling you ‘I go swimming’, ‘I wear mermaid(her swimsuit)’, ‘I put on spray(sunscreen)’, and ‘I put on jacket(swimvest)’.  I love her enthusiasm and the fact that she reminds me to put her sunscreen on.  I have no clue where she got her love for sunscreen from ;) 

IMG_7984Taylor loved helping Chris open his presents and blow the candles out on his cake.     

 IMG_7989  IMG_7991

We had lots of fun and I look forward to celebrating many more birthdays with you babe!

1 comment:

sweetsong said...

I loved Taylor's swimming comments. Two year olds are so fun. Every aspect of life excites them. :)

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs