Sunday, September 27, 2009

Bridal Shower Items

About a month ago I helped throw a bridal shower for my future sister-in-law.  I had so much fun creating the invitations, favors, and my gift for her.  The wedding colors are a light turquoise and cantaloupe color so we tried to stick with her wedding colors for the shower.  I struggled to get the cantaloupe to work with the paper we found so I ditched it at the last minute and went with a very simple, but classic invitation.  Does anyone have a photo editing program that allows them to blur certain sections of the picture so you don’t have to use post-it notes?

IMG_4895

  The paper used for the invitations is a 12x12 paper from Michaels that I layered on chocolate chip cardstock from SU.  I lucked out and found envelopes in the same blue color at Michaels.  I held onto the scraps from making the invitations in hopes that they might be handy later.  Low and behold I was able to use all the scraps from the invitations and favors to make enough thank you notes for the bride to give everyone who came to the shower.  Please excuse the awful lighting, but I took these pictures at night.  I used SU Baja Blue(retired) cardstock for the main body of the card.  The great thing about using the scraps is that every card was a little different and unique.  I also changed up where I put the sentiment to best compliment the leaves on the paper. 

IMG_4826 IMG_4827

I knew when I saw the puffy box tutorial in my Splitcoaststampers newsletter that I wanted to use it for the favors for Shelly’s shower.  The only problem was the idea of all the tracing for 30 favors.  Lucky for me, this lady did all the work and created a template you just print out.  I didn’t use glossy paper and opted to use just whisper white SU cardstock instead.  The boxes turned out just fine and everyone loved them.  I filled them with some of that crinkly paper and a small anti-bac from Bath & Body Works.  They are the perfect size to fit in these boxes! 

IMG_4478 IMG_4476

I’m really bummed bc I just realized that I never took a picture of the card I made for her.  It was a combination of the 'thank you’ card and the favors.  I LOVE how everything turned out for her shower!  Do you like the Sonic drink in the picture next to the favor basket?  I needed a little caffeine help with it came stuffing and tying the ribbon on these bad boys.

6 comments:

Sara said...

Wendy, everything turned out so so cute! Great job!

laura marie said...

wendy, you are so creative! love it!!

Deb said...

Wow, I am so impressed.

Anonymous said...

Love the blue paper that you used- so cute! The boxes are so neat! I think Archivers may have a die-cut that creates that box as well.

Bellawhoop said...

Everything has that simple elegant look - my favorite now! Beautifully done!

Let it Shine said...

SO cute!!

Take care,
Alyshia

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs