Monday, December 1, 2008

Celebration of Life

I wish they would rename funeral’s ‘A Celebration of Life’. The word funeral makes me think of a sad time and yet it is a time when family comes together to support each other. I believe it should be more of a celebration of the wonderful life that that person lived. A chance to share memories of how someone touched your life or to tell others how much you loved the one we’ve just lost. Often with funerals, I think of what I would want many, many years from now when I go on to the great dance in Heaven. Chris and I think the idea from PS I love You where they do the funeral/visitation at a bar is a great idea. Toast to my life. Drink a margarita and remember the fun times we had. Smile and dance and Celebrate that I was surrounded by so many friends and family that made my life the wonderful one it is! Just a thought.

No comments:

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs