Friday, December 26, 2008

8 Months

Well actually it's 8 months, one week, and four days. I've had the pictures and even planned what to write, but just never sat down long enough to blog. I started to last week and then got distracted with something else to do around the house. As much as I love the Christmas season, I'm ready to have it all done and be able to focus on the daily things. I'm still trying to figure out who is going to come clean my house so that I can snuggle up with one of my new books and drink hot cocoa on these cold dreary days!

Once again, another month has flown by at an amazing speed. Taylor's teenage years are going to be lightning fast at this rate. Each month we go to the chair in Taylor's room to take our monthly picture and this time she wanted nothing to do with sitting in the chair. She actually cried until I gave her the angel off her nativity scene. Then she proceeded to try to crawl out of the chair because she would rather stand up and hold on to the chair than sit in it. This actually explains Taylor a lot lately. Taylor is crawling all over the place and pulling herself on anything she can. The coffee table and kitchen chairs are some of her favorite hangouts, but she has also found it fun to remove all the contents from the bookshelf at her height.





















While Taylor still loves to make raspberry noises(especially during church) she has started with "da-da's", her fake cough, and clearing her throat. Chris had a cold a few weeks ago and Taylor thought it would be funny to imitate the noises he made. After she makes them she often laughs and that was my giveaway of her faking.

After reading that Graham can feed himself puffs and other finger foods, Taylor started with Gerber puffs and Cheerios. She loves both and can already recognize the container. The funny thing is that she will pick out all the puffs first and then eat the Cheerios. We also revisited the sippy cup. She does okay at holding it, but hasn't quite figured out to tip it up a little higher to get the juice out.



















Some other milestones for our 8th month are:
  • Two, not just one, but two teeth
  • Continues to be a wonderful eater with all her baby foods
  • Still takes a morning and afternoon nap on most days
  • Is very vocal during church and loves to make a joyful noise during the songs
  • Thinks that all toys/items must be inspected by placing them in her mouth
  • Loves to 'read' magazines and the newspaper
  • Is great at clearing all items from the coffee table
  • Loves Ki-Ki, Princess, and Tessa(the kitties). Taylor gets so excited when she sees the kitties or even hears Ki-Ki's jingle bell collar.
  • Celebrated her first Thanksgiving, but no turkey yet
  • Watched Mommy be confirmed and receive first communion at church while entertaining everyone in the rows behind us with her raspberry noises.
  • Taylor averages around 18 lbs even though she eats very well. I think it's all the crawling she gets in. She is finally moving from her 6 month clothes to the 9 month size and still wearing size 3 diapers. I think this is the longest she's ever stayed in one diaper size. I wish I knew if she was going to stay in this size so that I can take advantage of diaper sales!
I could kick myself for taking so long to post this since it's hard to remember what new stuff she's done that should be for her 9 month update and not this one. That's what I get for being almost 2 weeks behind. I'll work on having pictures from Christmas up by Valentine's Day!

1 comment:

annalee said...

She is doing so great! What a blessing to have our fun, sweet daughters! Loved your Christmas card:)

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs