Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Top 5 favs

Remember my love for lists?  Well I have a few things that I current love and would like to kiss the person who created some of them. 

1.  the Obol – When Chris showed me the picture of this I thought it was genius.  I love grainy cereals like Wheat Chex, Cheerios, Rice Crispies, and Honey Bunches of Oats but HATE soggy cereal.  And if you have kids then you know that as soon as you make a cup of coffee or pour milk in your cereal that it is evitable that the kids will need five different things.  Oh and the ability to put whipped cream in the top part and fresh strawberries in the bottom.  Just want to kiss this inventor!!!  My sweet husband saw how excited I was and did research to figure out what this bowl was and how to get it.  He even got it in purple.  Kissed him instead of the inventor.

Main Product Image

2.  HEB has a marketing genius on their hands.  I was buying coffee and while putting it in my cart I noticed a whole wall of cookies right behind me.  I was doing so good trying to resist the Chips Ahoy and then I saw Dark Chocolate Almond Sandies.  They make a great replacement for lunch when you realize that you consumed 5 before you even had a chance to get out the stuff for that salad you were going to have.  So worth every single calorie.

3.  I am addicted to my Kindle and love how I can start a new book without running to the store.  Plus I now have more room on the shelves in my closet.  I really enjoy my books, but the costs can really start to add up.  I follow a few different Kindle lending sites but Book Gorilla will actually send you a daily list of free or discounted books in the genre(s) you like.  I now enjoy get to read a little more for free.  And since Chris got me a waterproof bag I can read my Kindle in the tub.  Win-win in my book.

4.  Ever since making our family rules sign I have been trying to use my Silhouette more.  I stumbled across Miss Kate Cuttables one day.  She has the cutest cuttable files and offers one free everyday.  Not just a simple shape but adorable ones that often fit the season or current holiday.  They are even downloadable into jpg files so you can use them for lots of stuff.  I bought some of her items to create Taylor’s birthday invitation(more posted about this in late April after her party) and to use for decorations.

5.  I saved the best for last.  My Beehouse teapot rocks.  I mean this thing makes me happy about brewing tea like the Keurig does for my coffee.  I mentioned here my love for loose tea, but I often want more than just a small cup.  I love my sister-in-law for solving my ‘I want to fill my large Tervis with iced strawberry tea but hate brewing multiple cups to achieve this goal’ problem and she told me about these teapots.  I love my Mom for getting me one for Christmas.  They are made in Japan and do an excellent job of allowing the tea to steep perfectly.  This is actually the exact one my mom got me and I have found that 22 oz works great for me and would allow me to make 2-3 cups in case of guests.  So come on over and have a cup of tea with me.  Maybe I’ll share some of my cookies with you too

22-oz. Bee House Teapot - Eggplant

No comments:

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs