Taylor had the best time at Princess Dance Camp last week! This is our little princess getting ready to perform their dance.
Friday, June 24, 2011
If you’ve ever been to our house then you know that Legos can be found in almost every room. Chris and Taylor love to build and while they build I work on keeping Elizabeth from eating the bricks. After dinner, Chris called me over to show me who popped up to ‘help’ Daddy and Taylor. She wants so bad to be a part of whatever Taylor is doing and can’t wait for her turn to build. I think we might have another builder on our hands!
Needless to say that Chris is thrilled to have both his girls by his side building.
Thursday, June 23, 2011
Elizabeth is quite the crawler these days and I never know where I'm going to find her. This is her 'Yea, you found me!' face and just makes me laugh even if it's the dogs water dish she's in. I thought you might need a double smile week, so I hope this one makes you smile too!
Tuesday, June 21, 2011
When I got home from my trip, Chris informed me that he had taken a few photos over the weekend. I busted out laughing when I came across this one. Taylor is such an entertainer these days and I wouldn't be surprised if she then made Chris have this same face. This is her new 'happy' face and I've had my cheeks swished up like this a couple times over the past few days. Did her 'happy' face make you smile too?
Monday, June 20, 2011
Taylor: Did you know today we celebrate Dad? He’s that cool guy that builds Legos with me, lets you treat him like a jungle gym, and took care of us while Mommy escaped for a few days. He’s also really fun at bath time and playing hide-n-seek with.
Taylor: Who do we love????
Happy Father’s Day to the best Dad in the world for our girls!!!
(and thank you for letting me escape to Seattle for a few days even when it fell on Father’s Day!)
Thursday, June 16, 2011
Tuesday, June 14, 2011
You got a preview of Taylor’s dance recital in our Taylor Tuesday post, but you can bet this former dancer Momma took many more.
Backstage getting Taylor ready ~ Momm & Taylor
Elizabeth was so excited to see Taylor dance and Chris even had to leave the recital with her at one point because she was squealing(happy) too loud.
Our Boogie Woogie Piggie on stage (third from left) ~ priceless photo of three year old cuteness
Lita loving on her ballerina ~ Daddy and his little dancer
Tio, Tia, & Taylor ~ Hugs from Pawpaw
Loving the flowers ~ our sweet family(and yes Elizabeth is trying to eat the flowers)
Two of my loves and a great view at the end of a wonderful day!
ps. Happy Anniversary to my love of 8 amazing years! Days like this remind me of how our lives only get better with each year!
Yesterday was an exciting first for Taylor and a day that I have dreamed of for many years.... her first dance recital. Taylor LOVES to dance, twirl, sing, and make music so dance lessons seemed perfect. She has really enjoyed her class and has been practicing for the BIG performance. She was so surprised at the end with everyone that came to see her and all the flowers. The whole way home she talked all about how she loved that we came to see her dance and brought her flowers. I love my little dancer!
Wednesday, June 8, 2011
Tuesday, June 7, 2011
Thursday, June 2, 2011
It seems like just a few hours ago I was writing the blog about Elizabeth turning 6 months old and here we are at 7… oh wait, that’s because I was a month behind :)
I am still shocked that Elizabeth is 7 months old, but she is definitely showing signs of being more grown up each day. Crawling is her biggest milestone this month and only stuck with the drag crawl/army crawl for a week before figuring out how fast she could be if she gets up on her knees. It also didn’t take long for her to flip herself over and go from crawling to sitting upright. Then add the ability to pull herself up on shorter items and you round out the month in new skills. While she can pull herself up on some items, she often gets stuck straddling the book basket or holding onto the stool and needs help getting ‘unstuck’.
- Size 3 diaper
- 6-12 and 9 month clothes
- Estimated weight at xxx and not sure about height
- Nicknames: Lizzie, Little Bit, Sister
- We are working our way through all the fruits and veggie baby foods and have introduced Cheerios, Puffs, flour tortillas, and bread. Rosa’s homemade tortillas were quite a treat and well received.
- Elizabeth is a morning person and likes to get up around 6 am some days. She knows how to sleep through the night, but doesn’t always choose to do so.
- We think a tooth may be coming through soon after quite a bit of fussiness and sensitive gums on Daddy’s birthday.
- When the doctor asked if she could hold a bottle, I had to tell him no since she is still nursing but then asked if it counted that she can hold a sippy cup :)
- This month also celebrates the fact that Elizabeth has put herself on a two nap a day schedule. This makes for a much happier baby during her awake time and gives me some time with Taylor.
- Elizabeth has discovered our dog Sadie more this month. Sadie is very gentle with her, but thinks that Elizabeth wants her toy/rawhide(not completely untrue) so is constantly moving away when Elizabeth comes near.
- When Elizabeth is awake she is exploring her new world of crawling. Whether it be chasing after Taylor, finding Mommy in the kitchen, or making a bigger mess with toys than her big sister.
- We celebrated the end of her 6th month by getting her ears pierced. Daddy likes for his girls to have a little extra sparkle in their lives! I think Lizzie was trying to tell Chris that if he bought her the pretty bracelet that she wouldn’t cry too much. She did great and only cried for a few minutes.
- First time in a swimming pool
Wednesday, June 1, 2011
Don’t be confused… Elizabeth is now 7 months old, but I missed posting about 6 months and I wanted to do it so that I have it done for her baby book later. I use my blog as a source for the girls’ baby books so bear with me as you get to see two months of Elizabeth back to back. For those of you who like to see pictures of my girls… Enjoy!
- 18 lbs., 3 oz. and 25 inches long.
- Size 3 diapers
- 6-12 and 9 month size clothes
- Nicknames: Lizzie(used by Mom, Dad, Taylor, and other immediate family), Sister or Sissie(Taylor), Pickle(KK is really the only person who still calls her this)
- This month has been the month of independent toy play. Elizabeth went from sitting with very little assistance and being a bit of a weeble wooble to full on sitting. This means that she can finally sit and start to interact with toys more. She still loves her exersaucer. There are signs of wanting to crawl, but she can only scoot herself backward when she pushes up on her arms.
- Elizabeth attended her first(of many) camping trip to Inks Lake. It was a bit hot during the day, but she was a trooper and enjoyed lots of stroller rides.
- We could buy Elizabeth a hundred toys and a simple tag would make her happier. She has this strange way of finding the tag on everything from her toys, to my Boppy pillow, to my bed pillow. I am constantly finding her chewing on a tag.
- 7 pm seems to be an unchangeable bedtime for Elizabeth. She is an early(like 6 am) riser most days, but don’t try keeping her up past 7 pm.
- First time sitting up in the shopping cart.
- I’ve been giving her different lovies to play with. She hasn’t taken to one specific one yet, but I love seeing her snuggle with them!
- First Easter, but still not sure what to think of grass
- First swim in the small pool
Elizabeth is our sweet and feisty little girl. She loves to snuggle with Mommy, laugh with Taylor, climb on Daddy, and find her own way around this world and into our hearts. She shows more personality with each day and is her own little person. Each month brings new adventures and I can’t wait to see what they are!