Friday, September 14, 2007

Happy Friday!



I am so excited that it is Friday! Work has been really busy as we are closing our fiscal year and I have barely had time to touch my stamps. Yesterday was my niece's sixth birthday and I made this card over the weekend for her. The candles stamp was only 5 candles, so I stamped it again and then cut them out to put on the cake. Before attaching to the cake I covered them in pink glitter. I also went over some of the polka dots in a glitter gel pen. On the inside it says 'Birthday' in pink glitter. I know how much my niece loves pink sparkly things so I thought this would be perfect for her. I hope she had a wonderful day yesterday!


This card is just something else I threw together while I was playing with my new scallop circle punch form SU! You can never have too many birthday cards hanging around. I did notice that I need to get a little better at scanning my cards so that they are not crooked. For some reason mine also look a little off. Maybe if my readers will just tilt their head to the left a little that will solve my problem much faster. :)
I told Mel that I was going to be better about posting everyday, but this weekend I am going to be gone. Chris and I are going down to Houston after work today to visit some of our friends from college and go to the Texas Tech vs Rice game tomorrow. I am so excited since Tech is now 2-0. Go Red Raiders!!! I am also very excited to see our friends from college. I plan on doing some stamping when we get back Sunday because I have lots of September birthdays that I have not made cards for yet!
Have a very happy Friday and a great weekend!
~Wendy

1 comment:

Bellawhoop said...

Those are so cute. :) I love your color combos on both cards. For some reason, I just love love love the second one. Maybe it's because it's my favorite color combo? Maybe because it has a scallop punch?? Anyway, have fun at the game and catching up with old buddies. That's always a fun time! Love ya!

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs