No I didn't disappear, but last Tuesday the stomach bug that was visiting our house decided to attack me and then Chris. Then we left for vacation and Elizabeth missed her chance at a weekly email so I figured I would just skip last week and start fresh with this week. Life has can be pretty rough for a three year old sometimes and for some reason she was not happy for a bit at the pumpkin patch. Luckily it only took a few moments before she was happy and playing again.
Thursday, October 13, 2011
Tuesday, October 11, 2011
Sunday, October 9, 2011
After my friend Annalee posted this, I thought I would too. I love learning new things about my friends and hope that my fellow blogging Mom’s will take a moment to do this too.
A. Age: 31
B. Bed size: king size memory foam and I LOVE it! It is the perfect size for two little girls to snuggle and watch cartoons in.
C. Chore that you hate: washing the dishes & cleaning the shower
D. Dogs: Sadie, our 6 year old black lab
E. Essential start to your day: breakfast and coffee
F. Favorite color: purple and white
G. Gold or Silver: silver
H. Height: 5' 1
I. Instruments you play: I can keep beat with a maraca, but I would rather do the dancing
J. Job title: wife, momma, treasure hunter, sister, chief operating officer of this house (and Executive Director for my part time job at CTSA, I work from home most of the time which allows me to spend time with our beautiful kids)
K. Kids: Taylor Michelle and Elizabeth Lauren(aka Lizzie)
L. Live: Texas
M. Mother’s name: Delbra
N. Nicknames: ren, st end
O. Overnight hospital stays: two times to have our sweet girls
P. Pet peeves: a sink full of dirty dishes
Q. Quote from a movie: “quit looking at me swan!” or “squirrel!”
R. Right or left handed: right
S. Siblings: brother - ricky
sisters-in-law- kristen, kellie, and shelly & bro-in-law - jeff
T. Truth or Dare: truth, I’m a wimp at dares
U. Ultimate Vacation: anywhere with a beach and a chance to scuba right now
V. Vegetable you hate: beets
W. What makes you run late: trying to grab all the things that might keep the kids entertained if necessary
X. X-Rays you’ve had: teeth, ankle
Y. Yummy food that you make: chocolate chip or molasses cookies
Z. Zoo animal: giraffes
In less than a month our baby girl will be a year old. This time last year I was counting down the days and visiting the doctor once a week. I’m pretty sure the nursery was done(after a few freak out nesting moments) and everyone was ready for her to arrive. Skip forward 11 months and I wonder how in the world she ever fit in my tummy. How I love watching Elizabeth grow and change each month and this month as been a big one for her.
- Weight 20 lbs – unfortunately we’ve been at the doctor a few times this month with ear infections and having to do breathing treatments. I am crossing my fingers that you stay healthy and we avoid the tubes road. It’s hard enough watching you get shots, I can’t even think of a procedure where they put you under.
- You are wearing size 3 diapers, now a nighttime diaper after a few mornings when you woke up with wet pjs. You wear size 9-12/6-12 month clothes. The bonus is that you are able to wear some of Taylor’s clothes and may keep my shopping habits for you at bay for a few more months until you grow, the downfall is that I expected you to grow a bit more and your birthday dress may be a bit big
- You may be a little thing, but you eat anything we give you and ask for more. You are the best eater and are VERY happy when eating.
- You are now completely on formula/bottles and have decided to be much easier on everyone else giving you a bottle(or even those taking care of you period).
- After months of waiting… you have a tooth! You were a little cranky but not too bad and you love to rub your tongue across it.
- Besides testing out your tooth, you love to stick out your tongue or make noises this month. You are constantly making raspberry noises, smacking your lips, or making this funny noise by running your fist across your mouth.
- We took several longer car trips this month and you are hit or miss. You’ve slept, you’ve screamed, proved that you get car sick, entertained yourself with making noises, and been entertained by your sister. Hang in there kid, car trips to Nana’s house are worth the drive!
- I blame myself for letting you be the barefoot kid for the past few months since it has been scorching hot, but we are starting to enter cooler temperatures and you think it’s funny to take your shoes and socks off and throw them. Please stop making the kid two rows ahead of us in church find your sandal.
- After months of watching you crawl all over the place we thought you might want to start walking. Instead you have jelly legs anytime we try to finger walk you around the house. We also encouraged you to walk with several walker toys but you decided it was more fun to push furniture around the house. You are also starting to climb things. You have only used us as a stool so far, but it won’t take you long to figure out that chairs, stools, and toys can also help you be taller.
- This has been our month of animal education. Elizabeth became very interested in my mom’s cat and wanted to pet her every time she came in the same room. Luckily, Princess is a very patient cat and dealt with Elizabeth pulling on her and lovingly petting her. We tried working on this at home, and fortunately the sometimes testy Tessa Cat was very sweet too. Good thing she also has much more to love on. I tried working with Sadie too, but Elizabeth got tired of the kisses.
- For months I’ve been telling Taylor to be careful around you and now I find myself telling you to be ‘sweet’ to her. You love to grab her ponytail or hairbow any chance you get. You like to pull my hair sometimes, but mostly your sister’s.
- You are really starting to get into various toys and love playing catch/roll the ball. That may be another reason you could’ve spent the entire month hanging out in the ball pit.
- This month you helped us celebrate Granny Franklin(your great grandmother)’s 85th birthday. It was a great time spent with family and you enjoyed more cousin time.
Thursday, October 6, 2011
I’m not sure why we bother buying her toys to push/walk behind when Elizabeth finds chairs as a great way to get around the kitchen. Maybe we have a future interior decorator on our hands???
And a bonus for my blog readers… our little one in action
Tuesday, October 4, 2011
You just thought you've had bad hair days, but poor Taylor can beat you. On several occasions she has woken up with a crazy mop of hair like this. Poor kid is going to hate me later in like for sharing this photo, but it just had to be done.