A day late, but still before sending you Elizabeth's picture. Is it wrong that Taylor was saying 'Woah tricycle' as if she were on a horse? I also can't look at this picture without thinking of my grandfather saying 'Woah Nelly, she's headed for the pea patch.' Not everyone will get that quote, but I know a few will. Happy Wednesday!
Thursday, November 24, 2011
I'm not sure what I love more about this photo: the smile, the baby belly sticking out from the saggy pants, the toddling baby, or Chris' boxers as her entertainment. Now that Elizabeth is walking, it is constant entertainment around here.
Tuesday, November 22, 2011
Thursday, November 17, 2011
Tuesday, November 15, 2011
Over the weekend we spent one morning taking family pictures. I am so thankful for my sweet friend who is so patient with my girls and get amazing shots of them. I stress so much over what we are going to wear, how I might want our pictures to look, are we too matchy, will this make me look fat, what will look great to hang on our walls and what pose do we want for Christmas card. And then Elizabeth wants nothing to do with a family picture or sitting still, Taylor poses in all kind of wonderful ways, and all my ideas fly out the window. But it is all worth the stress when I see pictures like this or the others. All my worries melt away and spend hours looking at the pictures again and again because I’m in love with how she captures our family!
Thank you Heather!!!
I think I got so caught up in trick-or-treating pictures from Halloween that I completely forgot about what Taylor wore to dance class on Halloween. The studio let them wear costumes and played fun Halloween songs. Taylor took this as an opportunity to expand her costume ideas for this year and went as a 'Hawaiian-fiesta princess-butterfly-fairy' to dance class. I love her imagination and creativity!
Thursday, November 10, 2011
After looking at the pictures from Elizabeth's birthday party you might think it looked a bit like a wild frat party with our girl standing on the furniture and her bestie drinking from a plastic cup. I love how much fun the little ones had climbing all over the chair and playing with an empty cup. I'm not looking forward to the day when there might be a picture like this 18 years from now, but that cup probably won't be empty :)
Wednesday, November 9, 2011
Don't let my posts lately fool you on what day it truly is. I just need to be better about getting these out in the correct date!
These are actually from our trip a couple weeks ago. It is amazing what you will do to keep a toddler entertained in the airport but she was having a blast dancing around and demanded that I take her picture. Good thing you can't hear my singing that went along with her dancing!
Sunday, November 6, 2011
For the past 12 months I have watched you grow sweet girl. I have also taken your picture in the rocker with your teddy bear and watched you try to eat him, untie his bow, and drag him off to other parts of your room to play. This month you decided that you were pretty funny and sat still for all of 2 seconds before starting your comedic/wiggle routine. Good thing Heather is taking your pictures next weekend because you were not wanting me to this week!
Here are a few things you’ve been up to as you approached your first birthday:
- Nicknames: Lizzie, Lil bit, sister
- No clue on weight(will update after Dr. appt next week), but I don’t think she’s gained much over the past couple of months. Wears size 3 diapers, and 6-12 month or 12 month clothes.
- Even though I haven’t seen much on weight gain, Elizabeth LOVES to eat! I rarely find something that she does not like or will not eat. She will generally eat all her fruit or cheese first and then work her way through the rest of the food. Sometimes she decided to be picky about what she wants out of her snack cup and will throw the rest on the ground, but if all the other good stuff is gone she will go back for the other items.
- Elizabeth wants to do everything Taylor is doing and is very curious about how things work too. I can just see her little mind clicking as she inspects toys or tries various ways to get through my ‘gates’ in other parts of the house.
- You have a sweet way of turning any blanket edge or coffee table into a fun game of peekaboo.
- After months of signs, you finally cut two teeth on the bottom. You are definitely not doing anything by the book because you have the bottom middle and then a side one with a space between the two. You look like my little Jack-o-lantern for Halloween!
- Elizabeth is definitely my adventurous baby and keeps me on my toes, but is also a snuggler and will come by and love on you at any moment.
- She is making all kinds of noises and is attempting to say a few words like: mama, dada, ‘a-ee’ for Sadie, ‘essa’ for Tessa cat, ‘a-or’ for Taylor, ‘e-e’ for kitty, ‘uice’ for juice/water, ya-ya.
- Lizzie is very close to walking and takes more and more confident steps everyday. She gets so frustrated with knowing what she wants and what she can truly do right now.
- Within the past few days, Elizabeth has started pointing at what she wants. Sometimes this helps us know what she wants to play with or eat, other times it’s items that she’s not allowed to have.
- You LOVE toothbrushes and straws!
- Elizabeth celebrated her first Halloween this year at 364 days old since she was born on November 1st. Funny how much a difference one day can make!
- Learned to slide and you love it!
- Rode your first carousel, visited San Diego(including Legoland and the zoo), traveled on an airplane for the first time and barely slept on either flight, and walked in your first MS Walk to support some special ladies in our life.
Love you Lil Bit! This past year has been amazing and gone by way too fast! You have the best little personality and I can’t wait to see you grow and learn, just quit pulling your sister’s hair!
Elizabeth has been taking more and more steps lately and slowly gaining her confidence. Chris and I were working with her the other night and after a few times back and forth she started to play a trick on Chris and would laugh so hard each time.
Wednesday, November 2, 2011
I am almost a week late with this, but still wanted to get in last week's Elizabethursday. Sweet Elizabeth spent a good chunk of our San Diego trip in the stroller, so she was very excited to play at the park one day. This slide was just her size, but she wasn't so sure about it at first. She eventually figured it out and was very proud of herself until Taylor decided it was time to move on to another area and gave her a quick little shove to help her get going. Aren't big sisters so sweet!
Tuesday, November 1, 2011
I got to follow this cutie around last night as she pressed doorbells multiple times, commented on how everyone's decorations were, and found every porch light she could. Meet Ariel Skywalker. (Elizabeth was Yoda, so Chris and I pulled out our Luke Skywalker and Princess Leia costumes. Taylor wanted to be part of our group so she could carry a light saber too)