Tuesday, March 31, 2009
This one is for PawPaw... take a knee. It's an old saying that Chris' dad used to tell Kellie when she was playing softball. I have been trying for a few weeks to catch Taylor doing this and finally did. Thanks for the inspiration Kel!
And I have to do some work this afternoon, but will finally post pictures from my Stampin' Up workshop Saturday. I haven't forgotten Mel!
Friday, March 27, 2009
Monday, March 23, 2009
Wednesday, March 18, 2009
PRAISE: That I am blessed to have this ball of sunshine in my life and the ability to stay home with her. Taylor has learned to stick her tongue out and it just makes me laugh.
PRAISE: That today is my Mom's birthday! HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOMMAS! I have the best Mom and look forward to our daily phone call. Plus I'm really looking forward to our trip to New York next year to celebrate our big 60/30 birthdays.
PRAISE: The weather has been gorgeous this week and I've been able to do some outdoor activities with Taylor. We had snack time outside yesterday and basked in the sun.
PRAISE: For the random US Weekly magazines that started showing up in the mail.
PRAISE: I've gave up potatoes for Lent and even though it's hard, I enjoy the reminder that what Jesus did for us was much harder. I also enjoy how much more involved in the church Chris and I have become in the past year.
PRAISE: We are blessed with the best friends and family.
PRAISE: Chris is such a great husband and very involved Dad in Taylor's life. I love watching her face light up when he comes home and watching his face light up when he sees her.
PRAISE: All the things that I love: Unsweet Tea w/lime from Sonic, sunroofs, a clean house, fresh strawberries, reruns of Gilmore Girls on ABC Family, the DVR so that I can catch up on my shows after Taylor goes to bed, stamping, scrapbooking, my digital camera that helps me capture all the little daily moments with Taylor, facebook, blogging, Google Reader to help me keep up with blog I follow, listening to Chris give Taylor a bath, and when Chris picks up dinner on the way home.
What are your praises?
Tuesday, March 17, 2009
Saturday, March 14, 2009
This time last year I was humongous and nesting like a crazy person. My spring break was spent washing Taylor’s clothes and putting the final touches on her room. I was also getting pretty good at the Nintendo DS since the writer’s strike had put a kibosh on spring television programming. Now I am preparing for Taylor’s first birthday and watching our baby girl take small steps towards being a toddler.
- Taylor loves to eat and will eat almost anything you give her. (plus the raisinets that she wasn’t supposed to) She is also pretty ‘verbal’ in letting us know when she wants more or wants what we have by grunting. I am working on sign language and words, but we are still learning. We are also working on eating out of a bowl and we tried a spoon, but that was more of a toy than anything.
- Taylor’s favorite game right now is peek-a-boo and can turn even a newspaper into a game of peek-a-boo.
- She has learned how to open cabinet drawers and doors. She loves to go through my make-up drawer and throw everything on the floor. Taylor also loves to destroy my Tupperware cabinet on a daily basis.
- Taylor is learning to share. She will go to put the toy or snack in your hand and then take it away very quickly. It’s pretty funny when she does this.
- The girlyness is starting to show up more and more. Taylor loves to play with her brush or try to brush her hair while I am. She will even brush my hair for me. (It’s really sweet!) She will also bring me her bow if it falls out so that I can put it back in again.
- Chris was playing music for Taylor the other day and figured out that she likes to sing to Poker Face by Lady Gaga. She oooo’s along with the song.
- This month she’s really started to figure out how to push the buttons on her toys to get them to work or play music.
This month’s photo session started out really good and then Taylor figured out there was more to do than just sit in the chair or try to climb down like she normally does.
Wednesday, March 11, 2009
And in case you can't read it, it's Heather!
Marie will be looking cute in green bows soon!
I have to tell you that this was fun and I might have to do another contest again soon. If you didn't win, you can get creative too and enjoy all the free instructions for making hair bows at Girly Things. She has a great website on how to make MANY different kinds of bows and even pictures to follow. It's the best site I've found. Now go get some ribbon and go crazy!
Tuesday, March 10, 2009
Saturday, March 7, 2009
I've had the clips and finally bought ribbon the other day at Joann's. I have to contain myself in the ribbon isle, but I am so excited that Taylor can(and will) wear a bow. I can't wait until she has enough hair for pigtails, so I made two of each color so that I would be ready when that day comes. In celebration of my bow making I would like to make a two sets of bows for one of my blog followers.(sorry to my friends that have little boys) And since I was a proud Aunt for many years, anyone with a special little girl in their life is welcome to enter. Just post what colors you want and Taylor will draw out a name on Tuesday. (I have the above colors plus white, red, and black)
Here is our cutie modeling one of her new accessories:
Tuesday, March 3, 2009
Sorry this week's picture is coming to you so late, but I caught the cutest shot of Taylor today. We've had contractors at our house lately working on the deck and Taylor loves looking out the window and watch them. They even wave back at her from time to time. Notice that she is tall enough to look at the window but still finds a need to stand on her tippy toes to see better! She is a funny little girl but I think she's still mad about me taking away her chocolate.
Monday, March 2, 2009
Chasing the ball ~ Playing with Leili